Our ecommerce 2020 statistics report verified what we’ve known for a long time. While skeptics claim email is dead, it still continues to deliver. And automated emails are particularly valuable—they don’t even make up 2% of sends but drive 29% of all email marketing sales.
We wondered, “What can we do to get more ecommerce businesses—especially our fellow underdogs who don’t have time or resources—on the automation bandwagon?” The answer seemed obvious: use our podcast megaphone to spread the word.
Welcome to the third season of the Omnisend Cart Insiders Podcast. In each episode, we explore an email marketing automation tactic that’s proven to increase sales, not the workload. We’re talking with nimble ecommerce merchants who are finding success with them, and the experts who help with the behind-the-scenes mechanics.
But first, we kick things off by wandering the land of ecommerce marketing. Emails, SMS (text), a dash of social media, and more.
“Brands are creating a voice, creating a character, and sticking to it, rather than just being extremely generic. I’d say that’s the biggest change that we’re seeing, so that it’s relatable and people want to engage with that brand.”
—Gabriel Macaluso, Director of Customer Success, Omnisend
Here’s a peek at the musings of episode 1:
- Why does email marketing continue to not only convert, but its performance improves each year?
- What things are merchants doing differently when it comes to email marketing, as opposed to a few years ago?
- Why is it better to get an automation up and running—even if it’s not perfect—than to have nothing at all?
- What’s the best order when implementing the following types of automation emails: welcome series, abandoned cart, browse abandonment, post-purchase, and lapsed-purchaser?
- Why is SMS on the rise, and is it here to stay?
- What is SMS’ upper hand versus other marketing channels?
- How are the marketing experts—aka our podcast guests—personally using SMS? (There are lessons here for you, brands!)
About the guests
Gabriel “Gabe” Macaluso, Director of Customer Success, Omnisend
Macaluso has been active in the email marketing and ecommerce space for the last 8 years, working with a number of IR1000 retailers, and has been instrumental in helping many clients grow from five-figure revenues to more than $10 million. Macaluso is a published contributor who has presented at a number of industry events on the importance and success of omnichannel marketing and commerce.
Lucas Walker, Founder, Rolled Up
Walker is a serial entrepreneur. He has started three successful businesses in the software, ecommerce, and media spaces. Walker’s experience also includes marketing for an internationally-recognized sales trainer, where he launched the Make It Happen Mondays podcast, oversaw partners around the world, and reviewed over 10,000 ecommerce websites.
See how Omnisend can help you increase your sales, not your workload.