When it comes to search, social, paid, and earned media, not much escapes Ashley Scorpio’s discerning eye! In this episode of the Cart Insiders Podcast, Hawke Media’s Ashley Scorpio leaves no stone unturned when it comes to exploring the different ways that both emerging and established ecommerce brands can perfectly position themselves for holiday sales success.
Ashley discusses why she believes recent shifts in consumer and buying behavior are here to stay and how they will come into play this holiday season. She’ll explain why a spike in cost-per-clicks is inevitable and why this year the competition is going to be tougher than ever. For smaller ecommerce players to score a piece of the pie, they’ll need to take swift action.
“As a smaller brand you might not be able to compete with bigger brands on some of the classic channels, so you’ll need to think about other forms of earned media and less used paid channels.”
Ashley dives into why holiday gift guides are a great tactic for smaller businesses, how to optimize specific keywords to boost organic search rankings, and the use of influencers, bloggers, and affiliate marketers to point traffic back to your holiday gift guide.
When it comes to social media, Ashley shares a ton of great insights—especially with regard to Pinterest, Facebook, and TikTok. Ashley dives deep into social and explains why she is convinced that Pinterest is an ideal way to showcase seasonal gifts, and provides some tips on maximizing the effectiveness of using organic posts to drive ads.
Ashley continues to offer her insights into what the spike in search traffic means for the holiday season, and how it may impact your promotions and ads. She’ll also venture into a wide array of other topics such as why mobile is more important than ever, the importance of combining email and SMS—especially in automated workflows—and personalization tips and tricks to employ.
Main discussion points
- With more than 5 years’ worth of growth in a single quarter, Ashley believes these shifts in consumer and buying behavior are not only here to stay but will come into play this holiday season. What does this mean for cost-per-clicks?
- For smaller brands to compete with big brand budgets, they need to think smarter about the channels they use. Ashley offers advice on ways to explore a mix of channels to achieve maximum impact.
- Holiday gift guides: How to use them to boost organic search, and engaging influencers, bloggers, and affiliate marketers to point traffic back to your guide.
- Breaking down social media opportunities with Facebook, Pinterest, and TikTok. Ashley discusses ways to use TikTok, why Pinterest may be an under-rated tool, and personalization tactics when using Facebook Dynamic Ads.
- What the increase in search traffic tells us about consumer buying behaviors, mobile traffic trends, and how that will impact marketing strategy. Ashley talks about the importance of a clean database, existing customer communication, and discounting strategies.
- Ashley discusses what to do if you’re a business with a limited ad budget and strategies that can help you maximize your ad spend. She goes further by discussing the importance of email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, and other automated messages.