Drive sales on autopilot with ecommerce-focused featuresSee Features
Have you ever bought something online and didn’t get shipping updates?
Meanwhile, you’re twiddling your thumbs wondering when your package might get to you. Or worse, you’re wondering if it’s coming at all.
Terrifying, isn’t it?
Customers want the peace of mind that comes with tracking and shipping notifications. Just being able to see when their package will show up will reassure them that you did receive their order and that everything is fine.
After all, a lot of trust goes into shopping online. Anything that helps reinforce that trust is only going to make your life easier as an ecommerce marketer.
In that spirit, we’re pleased to announce our newest integration with AfterShip. AfterShip provides shipment tracking and delivery updates for your ecommerce store. With Omnisend and AfterShip integration, you’ll be able to send personalized shipping notifications to your customers with tracking links.
How the Omnisend and AfterShip Integration Works:
Once AfterShip is integrated with your Omnisend account, you’ll be able to create custom events in your Omnisend app to send out notifications with tracking numbers, URLs, shipping updates pulled from AfterShip.
Integrate AfterShip in the Omnisend App
Setting up AfterShip integration in the Omnisend app is very simple. In your Omnisend app:
- Go to My Account, then to Connected Apps, and click Connect New App
- Find AfterShip in the list and click the button that says Connect
- Click Enable AfterShip and this will generate a unique URL you’ll need to paste into AfterShip
- Go to your AfterShip account, and go to Settings, then Triggers, then Webhooks
- Paste your Omnisend URL and click Add
- Select the checkbox that says Any Updates then click the Save button at the bottom
And voilà! Now AfterShip will create custom events in your Omnisend account.
Now with Omnisend and Aftership integration, you can:
- Include tracking URLs and tracking numbers in personalization with automatically created custom event
- Send latest location updates to customers
- Let customers know when their order is out for delivery
- Notify customers when their package has been delivered
- Notify customers when delivery failed
- Notify customers when there’s a change in delivery or exception
Check out our full tutorial on integrating Omnisend and AfterShip here.
How to Get the Most Out of Omnisend & AfterShip Integration
With Omnisend and AfterShip integration, you can keep your customers up to date on each stage of their delivery process. When their package is shipped, you can send a personalized message to your customers using a variety of different channels with the automatic personalization created between AfterShip and Omnisend.
This means that by creating automation workflows with several channels, you can give your customers options on how they receive their updates and keep them in the loop at each step of the delivery process.
This is helpful for customers who choose more immediate channels, like SMS, or web push notifications. They can get immediate updates on delivery so they know to look out for their products.
With useful tracking links provided by AfterShip, you can personalize these messages for each step of the shipping and delivery process. With Omnisend’s omnichannel marketing automation workflows, you can give customers the power to decide exactly how they’ll receive those updates.
With their powers combined, you can create an ultra personalized customer experience that will improve customer loyalty and trust.
What do you think about the AfterShip integration? Is this a feature you’d like to use for your ecommerce store? Let us know below!