Drive sales on autopilot with ecommerce-focused featuresSee Features
One of the most common myths about WordPress marketing automation, or any automation for that matter, is that its usage creates more spam.
Fortunately, this isn’t true. When properly setup and executed, automation can have tremendous impact on your online business.
If you’re looking for a WordPress marketing automation plugin, you might be overwhelmed at the options. If you’re wondering which to choose, look no further! In this article, we explore the 10 best WordPress marketing automation plugins, along with a deeper look at the pros and cons of each one. We’ll be looking at the following:
Use our email pricing calculator below to quickly compare price rates and features with other top platforms. Input your desired number of contacts, choose up to two other email marketing providers from the list, and see how Omnisend stacks up against them.
Quick email provider pricing comparison
Quickly and easily compare the top email marketing providers so you can find the best platform for your ecommerce store needs.
You can compare Omnisend and 2 more providers at once.
- Active Campaign
- Get Response GetResponse
You can compare Omnisend and 2 more providers at once.
How to choose the best WordPress marketing automation plugins for your business
Before we dive into the nitty-gritties of choosing a suitable marketing automation plugin for WordPress, we need to first consider the following question:
Does WordPress have marketing automation?
No, WordPress doesn’t offer native marketing automation features. However, you can enhance your website’s capabilities by installing WordPress marketing automation plugins or tools. These plugins can help you increase efficiency, remove human error and redundancy, and save time across all your marketing activities, such as:
- Capturing leads
- Nurturing leads
- Scoring leads
- Qualifying leads
- Sending automated emails
- Creating and managing email lists
- Segmenting your audience
- Tracking lead engagement
- Converting leads into customers
Now, let’s understand the aspects you must consider before selecting the right plugin for your marketing automation for WordPress.
Considerations for selecting a WordPress marketing automation plugin
- Ease of use: One of the most important aspects of any tool is the ease with which you can use and navigate it. Complicated tools add unnecessary friction in your everyday work and can cause more issues than they solve.
- Features: Each marketing automation plugin comes with its own pros and cons, as well as a set of capabilities it can excel in. Make sure you understand which features will be useful for you and whether the tool solves all your use cases.
- Integrations: The beauty of WordPress lies in its integrations and its interoperability. The same extends to the many plugins associated with WordPress—if they can integrate nicely with your other plugins, it will make your life easier.
- Pricing: Make sure your desired tool falls within your budget.
10 best WordPress marketing automation plugins in 2023
Now that we’ve looked at some considerations to bear in mind when choosing a marketing automation plugin, let’s take a look at the top 10 tools out there (listed in no particular order).
- FluentCRM is a self-hosted email automation and CRM plugin for WordPress.
- With this tool, you can manage your leads and customers, email campaigns, automate your email sequences, and monitor user activity from one place.
- It also lets you do learner and affiliate management from the same dashboard.
- You get a 360 degree contact overview with details about communication and purchase history.
- You can categorize users into different lists and deliver personalized emails to each audience.
However, the cons of the tool include performance issues, especially while managing large contact lists. There is a steep learning curve, and it lacks email building capabilities overall. Users have also complained about slow response times while trying to reach FluentCRM support staff.
FluentCRM charges $129 for a single site license, $249 for 5 site licenses, and $499 for 50 sites. There is no free marketing automation for WordPress plan, but you do also get 30+ integrations with your subscription.
Hubspot is widely known as the inbound marketing engine. It offers a robust WordPress marketing automation plugin with the following features:
- Build responsive email newsletters for your entire contact database with the drag-and-drop builder.
- 20+ pre designed email templates.
- Send automated emails when someone fills out a form on your website or sends you a live chat.
- These emails are available in your CRM view as well, and can be tracked to check click and open rates.
- Add forms and popups to your website in minutes.
- The inbuilt analytics capabilities show you which marketing activities drive the highest number of clicks on your website and more.
- Integrate with over 1400 other tools like Zapier, WooCommerce, Stripe, and more.
This plugin is free to use.
Omnisend is one of the most popular email marketing tools made specifically for ecommerce businesses, trusted by more than 100,000 users.
- Omnisend provides popups and signup forms that you can easily add into your website to collect visitor email addresses, phone numbers, and other data.
- Drag-and-drop builder to create beautiful email newsletters, and over 250 pre-built templates.
- Easy automations and templates, so you can get started with automation in just a few clicks.
- Support for global SMS.
With Omnisend, you can segment your customers to ensure you’re always sending the right message to the right user at the right time. You can set up automation triggers that send out your campaigns to your customer segments when they perform certain actions, such as purchasing an item or abandoning their cart.
Omnisend provides award-winning 24/7 customer support to all customers, even on the free plan.
Try one of the best email marketing plugins for WordPress today!
Join Omnisend for free
- Uncanny Automator is a no-code visual builder that lets you connect 140+ plugins to your WordPress website.
- Share your posts across social media, with delay automation and scheduled automation.
- Eliminate custom automations completely and replace any existing WordPress plugins for marketing automation you may have.
- Simple recipe builder gives you advanced automations, dynamic content, one-click integrations, webhooks, and unlimited usage.
- The free version lets you access basic features, the premium version offers advanced capabilities for $149/year.
However, this tool might be too complicated or full-powered for individuals, small businesses, or freelancers, because the capabilities it offers suit a larger team or brand better. There might also be more tools that offer better capabilities for the same pricing.
Zapier is known for the multitudes of integrations it facilitates. It’s one of the best WordPress plugins for marketers, enabling you to create connections between the other tools in your tech stack. Its WordPress marketing automation plugin provides the same capabilities.
- Build automated workflows for your role and business.
- Free for all core features.
- Integrate all your work apps from your tech stack into your workflows within minutes.
- Use the Zapier Tables database to store, manage, and take action on your data.
- The Zapier Interfaces let you create no-code apps for lead generation, onboarding, client portals, and more.
- Zapier integrations can also be built using simple, everyday English, and you can improve these integrations with an AI chatbot.
While Zapier is loved by over 1.8 million businesses worldwide, the capabilities it offers for WordPress are generic and not marketing automation-based. Ideally, you should look for a tool that has its strengths in email and SMS marketing, segmentation, personalization, and lead generation.
OptinMonster is one of the top WordPress plugins for marketers, especially in the lead generation area. It specializes in popups, signup forms, exit intent detection, floating bars, and other ways of capturing user intent and interest.
- As a WordPress marketing automation tool, it offers an easy-to-use popup maker, email subscription forms, sticky announcement bars, and other interactive popups.
- These popups can be setup within minutes.
- The smart targeting and personalization capabilities ensure that website visitors are shown a tailored experience that is more welcoming than annoying.
- The builder is optimized for both web and server performance, and the customer success team is available to help you with any hiccups.
You can register for a free account which gives you access to three free campaigns and 500 campaign impressions. These credits never expire, but if you utilize them, you’ll have to opt for the paid plan via an OptinMonster subscription that starts at $9/month.
- Social Warfare is the best-known tool for social sharing via WordPress.
- Share your content quickly and easily by adding social share buttons to your website or blog.
- Control how your headlines, content descriptions, hashtags, featured images, and other content are posted across 20+ sharing platforms.
- This tool is super easy to setup and start using.
- Fast and lightweight, so you can rest knowing your social sharing creates zero friction for your users.
- The support team is responsive and always available to help.
However, the main advantage of the Social Warfare WordPress marketing automation plugin is also its main drawback: its capabilities are limited to social sharing, and nothing more. Ideally, your marketing automation plugin should be more robust and include features such as email and SMS marketing, segmentation, personalization, lead generation, and more.
However, if social sharing is all you want, you can purchase the Pro version starting from $29 for a single site.
- Popular for its SEO optimization capabilities.
- Over three million professionals use this tool to improve their website’s rankings across search engines.
- Add rich snippets, smart sitemaps, local SEO, and access advanced SEO modules .
- On-page analysis to help you improve your rankings right away, video SEO sitemaps to rank in Google’s video carousel widget, and social media integrations to ensure that your thumbnails work as expected across Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks.
- You also get relevant link building suggestions as you’re building a new webpage, a redirection manager for any broken links, and advanced ecommerce support for WooCommerce.
The biggest drawback of this WordPress marketing automation plugin would be that its features are mostly limited to SEO and page ranking enhancement. You don’t get the other necessary features such as email and SMS marketing, lead generation, personalization, or segmentation.
If you’re looking only for SEO optimization, then you can access the paid plans starting at $49/year.
- This plugin is built exclusively for WhatsApp chats via your WordPress website.
- Allow your users to contact you via WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business, based on your setup.
- Eight predefined styles and designs for your plugin that you can set up within minutes.
- Add your own image or GIF if you wish to customize it further.
- Add a custom element or design to make the appearance in keeping with your brand.
- Add shortcodes, choose between different styles and positions for mobile and desktop, and customize them to match the website’s design.
Click to Chat – HoliThemes also lets you add multiple WhatsApp chat accounts within a single dialog, automated greetings for new or recurring visitors, and analytics to understand what’s working and what’s not.
The free plan comes with limited capabilities, but the Pro plans are available from $18/month.
10. WordPress Affiliates
- Designed specifically for affiliate marketing for your WordPress website.
- The intuitive dashboard lets your partners navigate easily so they can spread the word about your website without any hiccups.
- Share links to any page on the website using simple inbuilt dashboard tools.
- Leverage flexible template-based dashboard sections to refine the design and facilities.
- Automate your affiliate registrations, access membership capabilities, forms, lead generation, lead tracking, and more.
- Can be utilized for sellers, shops, distributors, blogs, memberships, or even microsites—basically affiliates of any and every kind.
- Import accounts in bulk, integrate reCAPTCHA, add an events manager, registration forms, and more.
This tool is specifically built for the purpose of affiliate marketing and hence is lacking in the aspects of regular marketing automation. If you’re looking for email or SMS marketing based on deep segmentation or personalization, then this is not the tool you should go for.
However, if you’re looking for a good affiliate marketing tool, then you can consider the free plan with basic capabilities or the paid plan that starts at $49.
Final recommendations for a WordPress marketing automation plugin
In this article, we’ve seen the top 10 WordPress marketing automation plugins and analyzed each one for pros, cons, pricing, and benefits. Here are the key takeaways:
- WordPress does not offer any native marketing automation features, but there are lots of plugins for this purpose.
- Considerations for selecting a good WordPress marketing automation plugin include ease of use, features, integrations, and pricing.
- Each plugin has its own strengths and weaknesses, making them suitable for different needs.
If you’re an ecommerce business looking for a suitable WordPress email marketing automation plugin, consider Omnisend. It offers robust capabilities such as a drag-and-drop email builder, advanced audience segmentation, email and SMS personalization, popup and signup forms, advanced analytics, and more.
No fluff, no spam, no corporate filler. Just a friendly letter, twice a month.