All the buzz made by social media marketers about the death of email marketing seems to remain on speculation level only.
Although, this marketing channel sometimes may be seen as outdated, it is still the most effective way to reach your customer. And it’s not only big words. Reality proves: email keeps the leading position among such digital marketing channels, as social media, SEO and paid search.
Statistics denies the decline of email marketing by indicating that 75.8% of businesses are using more promotional emails in their campaigns than previous three years. Just think about it. If the client allows you to reach him or her with probably the most personal approach – a mailbox, what better online touchpoint can you imagine?
20 email marketing statistics
- People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than people that do not receive email offers.
- 73% of marketers agree that email marketing is core to their business.
- 20% of marketers say that their business’ primary revenue source is directly linked to email operations.
- 74% of marketers believe email produces or will produce ROI in the future.
- For 69.7% of US internet users, email is the preferred method of communicating with business.
- For every $1 spent on email marketing, businesses obtain a return of ~ $44.25
- Welcome series generates up to 23% more orders than single welcome email.
- 72% marketers claim that abandoned cart emails are very effective/effective.
- 66% of marketers admit that email content and design is most important in the email campaigns.
- 35% of email recipients open email based on the subject line.
- 74.4 % of customers expect a welcome email when they subscribe.
- 21% of email recipients report email as Spam, even if they know it isn’t.
- Email lists with 10% or more unknown users get only 44% of their email delivered by ISPs.
- 43% of email recipients click the Spam button based on the email “from” name or email address.
- 17% of Americans create a new email address every 6 months.
- 30% of subscribers change email addresses annually.
This data explains why the contact lists get stale and the bounce rate increases.
- 53% of all emails are opened in mobile devices.
- Only 24% of marketers rarely or never use responsive email design.
Thanks to data sources: http://www.convinceandconvert.com/, www.salesforce.com for 2015 State of Marketing report, www.Litmus.com, www.hubspot.com, www.smartinsights.com, www.emarketer.com, www.searchenginewatch.com, www.experian.com, www.mailchimp.com, Omnisend (previously Soundest) ECOMMERCE EMAIL MARKETING RESEARCH 2016, 119 FACTS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT EMAIL MARKETING
The numbers prove the benefits of email marketing channel for small and medium e-business. It also highlights the spots we have to pay attention to – the importance of responsive design, good subject lines as well as the content itself and always up-to-date email list to avoid the deliverability problems.
Viva la email marketing!