Drive sales on autopilot with ecommerce-focused featuresSee Features
Ecommerce Email Marketing Statistics for 2017 [Infographic]
Omnisend is excited to present our brand-new infographic on our Ecommerce Email Marketing Statistics for 2017.
We analyzed data from over 92,000 email campaigns sent by more than 9,500 brands using Omnisend’s ecommerce email marketing service.
Get the updated Ecommerce Email Marketing Statistics for 2021 to see the all-new Omnisend research.
5 Findings of Ecommerce Email Marketing:
- While your open and click rates are highest with 1 email per month, it is best overall to send emails once every week.
- Customers open emails more actively on Wednesdays, but will click more on Sundays.
- Every email on average brings $0.71 in the U.S. & only $0.05 in India. Find more countries in the infographic below.
- Automated emails have better click rates – promotional campaigns have a 4.15% click rate, while cart recovery emails have a 7.1% click rate.
- Sending a series of three abandoned cart email reminders brings in 69% more orders than a single email.
In order to get in-depth information on when and how often to send your email campaigns, what the open rates are for your subscriber size, and how much better automation is for marketing campaigns, check out our ecommerce infographic below:
What companies are included in these email marketing statistics?
As was mentioned above, this infographic is based on research conducted on our customer data – 9,500+ active online stores in 130 countries – from April 2016 to July 2017.
The majority of our clients are based in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and India. These stores mainly sell apparel, accessories, books and small electronic devices.
Where can I get in-depth analysis from this research?
While the infographic above covers a good amount of data, it displays only the main metrics and overview of our results.
Our series on Omnisend’s Ecommerce Email Marketing Statistics for 2017 starts with The Best Time to Send Emails [Omnisend Research 2019].If you have any questions or comments about our new email statistics for 2017, let us know in the comments below!