Omnisend (previously Soundest) is excited to present our brand-new infographic on our Ecommerce Email Marketing Statistics for 2017.
We analyzed data from over 92,000 email campaigns sent by more than 9,500 brands using Omnisend’s ecommerce email marketing service.
5 Findings of Ecommerce Email Marketing:
- While your open and click rates are highest with 1 email per month, it is best overall to send emails once every week.
- Customers open emails more actively on Wednesdays, but will click more on Sundays.
- Every email on average brings $0.71 in the U.S. & only $0.05 in India. Find more countries in the infographic below.
- Automated emails have better click rates – promotional campaigns have a 4.15% click rate, while cart recovery emails have a 7.1% click rate.
- Sending a series of three abandoned cart email reminders brings in 69% more orders than a single email.
In order to get in-depth information on when and how often to send your email campaigns, what the open rates are for your subscriber size, and how much better automation is for marketing campaigns, check out our ecommerce infographic below:
How does Omnisend get this kind of information?
Due to Omnisend’s tool functionality and integration with Shopify, Bigcommerce and other ecommerce platforms, we have the capability to monitor and provide data not only on our clients’ email marketing activities but also their financial performance.
That way, we can figure out which emails covert better and when, what revenue they bring, what the difference in revenue of automated email workflows is, and so much more.
Omnisend clients can see a lot of this data for themselves in their own reports.
What companies are included in these email marketing statistics?
As was mentioned above, this infographic is based on research conducted on our customer data – 9,500+ active online stores in 130 countries – from April 2016 to July 2017.
The majority of our clients are based in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and India. These stores mainly sell apparel, accessories, books and small electronic devices.
Where can I get in-depth analysis from this research?
While the infographic above covers a good amount of data, it displays only the main metrics and overview of our results.
Many of the separate topics, with much more in-depth information, can be found in separate blog posts.
In these, we focus on a specific topic and not only present the results from our data, but also how it can and should affect your next email marketing campaigns.
Our series on Omnisend’s Ecommerce Email Marketing Statistics for 2017 starts with The Best Time to Send Emails [Omnisend Research 2017].
If you have any questions or comments about our new email statistics for 2017, let us know in the comments below!