Drive sales on autopilot with ecommerce-focused featuresSee Features
Pride Month is celebrated every year in June throughout the world for the LGBTQ+ community (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, and others). Although it started in the US after the Stonewall riots that occurred in 1969, it has since spread throughout the world.
Currently, Pride Month is used both to honor and call for greater freedoms and rights for the community, as well as to celebrate LGBTQ+ culture. This year, it’s an especially challenging year, with transgender rights at the forefront amid various controversies and legal setbacks.
For ecommerce businesses, this means that it’s important to find a few ways to celebrate Pride Month and sell products without being over the top or exploitative.
That’s exactly what we’ll be doing today, giving you some great campaign ideas you can use to celebrate Pride Month, looking at some of the best Pride Month ecommerce email examples, and giving you xx+ Pride Month email subject lines you can steal for your next campaign.
So let’s get into it.
8 campaign ideas to celebrate Pride Month
Pride Month is an important time for ecommerce stores to show their support for the LGBTQ+ community and engage with their customers in meaningful ways.
Here are some ways that ecommerce stores can celebrate Pride Month:
- Rainbow-themed products: Create a collection of products featuring rainbow colors — this is a great way to support the LGBTQ+ community if you don’t have the time or resources to create dedicated Pride products. Think of clothing, accessories, home decor, and more.
- Limited edition Pride merchandise: Design and offer exclusive Pride-themed merchandise for a limited time (say, from June 1 to June 30). You can create unique t-shirts, pins, stickers, or other items that feature Pride symbols like the rainbow flag or slogans.
- Pride giveaways and contests: Run social media contests or giveaways where audiences have a chance to win Pride-themed products or gift cards. Encourage people to share their stories, photos, or artwork related to Pride.
- Pride discount codes and bundles: Offer special Pride discounts or create bundled product packages specifically for Pride Month.
- Collaborate with LGBTQ+ artists: Commission or feature artwork created by LGBTQ+ artists on your products, packaging, or promotional materials. This collaboration can highlight their talent and provide exposure for both the artist and your brand.
- Support LGBTQ+ charities: Dedicate a portion of your sales during Pride Month to LGBTQ+ charities or organizations that support the community. Proudly display this initiative to your customers in your email campaigns and throughout your website, and emphasize how their purchases contribute to the LGBTQ+ cause.
- Pride content and education: Create blog posts, videos, or social media content that helps raise awareness about LGBTQ+ history, issues, and accomplishments.
- Support LGBTQ+ causes beyond Pride Month: While Pride Month is a great time to show support, you can show ongoing support for LGBTQ+ causes throughout the year.
However, one important note: it’s crucial to approach Pride Month with authenticity and sincerity. The focus should be on genuine support, education, and inclusivity rather than merely capitalizing on a trend.
8 best Pride Month email examples
Let’s look at some of the best Pride Month email examples sent by Omnisend customers and other ecommerce stores.
#1 Brighton i360: “Pride silent disco early bird sale now on!”
Brighton i360 celebrates the city’s stature as the LGBTQ+ capital of the UK with an “Pride silent disco” email:
As you can see, the focus here is on celebration, and Brighton i360 communicates the fun side of LGBTQ+ just in time for Pride Month.
#2 Hari And The Gang: “LGBT+ History Month”
The British store Hari and the Gang leads their Pride promotional email with a great, strong, rainbow-themed Pride image and a brief overview of recent successes for the LGBTQ+ community.
It also invites its audience to celebrate with Pride-inspired products. While this email was sent during the Pride History Month, which is celebrated in February in the UK, it still works great as a Pride Month email example.
#3 Beau Ties of Vermont: “Pride Month – An Email from Our Owner”
Beau Ties starts off their Pride Month email on a sobering note, going over the history of Pride Month and the Stonewall riots.
It also emphasizes that 10% of all sales throughout June from their Pride-related products will be donated to an LGBTQ+ charity — here, the Trevor Project. The email then displays those ties, related products, and ends with a final note from their CEO.
#4 Juliette has a gun: “Let’s celebrate love 🏳️🌈”
(Email translated from French.)
The French perfume brand Juliette has a gun has a simple but colorful email that displays their products and highlights their support for LGBTGQ+ issues:
The brand makes a bold promise: for the first 10 days of June, they’re donating 100% of their profits to the LGBTQ+ organization the Rainbow Railroad Association. With such a strong promise, they don’t need to add many more details to their email.
#5 The Cake Store: “Order your next Birthday Cake with PRIDE! 🌈 🎉🎂 Check out our Summer sizzlers.”
Omnisend customer The Cake Store sure knows how to take advantage of such a colorful celebration as Pride Month. You can easily see how they used it to their advantage to show off their delectable cakes:
And here, there’s no need to say much. The cakes speak for themselves.
#6 Drizly: “Brian picked you some drinks.
Drizly maintains its light, funny tone by highlighting the drink recommendations of an employee (most likely) from the LGBTQ+ community:
The email isn’t particularly heavy on Pride history or the current causes, but still celebrates it in subtle ways.
#7 Bombas: “Shop Pride Early 🏳️🌈”
Here, Bombas is communicating its Pride Month offerings early in their well-designed email:
It also emphasizes that a portion of the sales from the Pride-related products will go to relevant charities.
#8 Athletic Brewing: “Rainbow Wall IPA is Back! 🌈”
Lastly, we have Athletic Brewing, bringing back its Rainbow Wall IPA for Pride Month:
While the email leads with the Pride-related product, it mostly explains how it’s continuing to support LGBTQ+ organizations, pledging 100% of the sales from the Rainbow Wall IPA to two charities.
Further, it explains that it celebrates Pride every month, and not just in June.
25 Pride Month subject lines
Let’s look at some subject lines that are based on promoting products, with and without emojis, and raising awareness about LGBTQ+ issues.
15 subject lines for Pride Month promotions
- “Gear up, it’s Pride Month! Let’s paint the town rainbow!”
- “Love is in the air (and in our store) this Pride Month!”
- “Unleash your inner rainbow warrior: Pride Month starts now!”
- “Love wins, savings begin: Get ready for our Pride Month extravaganza!”
- “Don’t hide your Pride! Shop our limited edition collection now.”
- “Get ready to slay in rainbow shades: Our Pride Month collection is finally here!”
- “We’re bursting with Pride! 🌈 Join us & snag amazing deals!”
- 🌈 Get ready to party! 🎉✨ Pride Month is here!
- 🌈 Pride + Savings = A Match Made in Rainbow Heaven! 🎁💰
- 🌈 Love is Love! Celebrate Pride Month with Pride-tastic Deals! 💖✨
- Show Your True Colors this Pride Month! 🌈💃
- 🌈 Pride Month Exclusive: Unlock the Celebration with Our New Offers! 🌈✨
- 🌈 Love + Pride = Unstoppable! 💪💖 Shop our Pride Month Collection Now!
- 🌈 Pride Month Fever: Get Your Pride On with our Limited Edition Merch! 🌈🔥
- 🌈 Pride Month Extravaganza! Discover Rainbow Delights & Happy Discounts! 🌈🎉💃
10 Pride Month subject lines for raising awareness
- 🌈 Spread Love, Not Hate! Join our Pride Month Celebration! 🎉
- Uniting for Equality: Pride Month 2023 🌈🤝
- Embracing Diversity: Celebrate Pride Month and Stand for Inclusion 🌈✊
- 🌈Unite for Equality and Acceptance this Pride Month 🤝
- Love Has No Labels: Embrace Diversity 🌈💜
- Understanding Gender Identity: Educate Yourself & Support LGBTQ+ Community 🌈📚
- Pride Month Reflection: Honoring the Struggles and Triumphs of LGBTQ+ Advocacy 🌈🕊️
- Amplifying Queer Voices: Join the Conversation on LGBTQIA+ Rights this Pride Month 🌈🗣️
- Breaking Stereotypes: Challenging Prejudices for a More Inclusive Society 🌈✨
- Advocating for Change: Supporting LGBTQ+ Equality and Social Progress 🌈🌍
Here are some of the most important things to remember for successful Pride Month campaigns:
- When planning your Pride email campaigns, remember to choose a responsive and mobile-friendly email template so that your subscribers can view your Pride Month email correctly.
- Always remember to personalize your emails in various ways, which can help make them more effective. Use relevant customer data to promote your products or enhance your Pride Month email campaigns.
- It’s a good idea to send multiple Pride Month emails. This way, you can mix awareness-raising with product-promotion campaigns
- Segment your audience into relevant groups for Pride Month
- Maintain your brand identity. Raising awareness, highlighting the history of Pride Month, or the current challenges, donating to charities, or even telling personal stories can help increase customer loyalty