Drive sales on autopilot with ecommerce-focused featuresSee Features
Many argue that setting up an ecommerce store on a WordPress site requires complex plugins and technical expertise. However, this notion is far from the truth.
Transforming your WordPress website into an ecommerce store doesn’t have to be laborious. In fact, you can easily achieve this with the right WordPress shopping cart plugins.
In this guide, we’ll explore ten of the best WordPress shopping cart plugins for ecommerce businesses so you can have your online store up and running in no time.
Let’s dive right in.
How to choose the best WordPress shopping cart plugin
Choosing the right WordPress shopping cart plugin is vital for a successful online store. There are numerous options available, so identifying the best picks can feel overwhelming.
Here are some key factors to consider when picking your ideal plugin:
- Ease of use: Opt for a WordPress shopping cart plugin that’s user-friendly. You don’t want to waste precious time battling with complex settings.
- Features: Beyond the basic cart functions, see what unique features each plugin offers. Does the WordPress shopping cart plugin have built-in payment gateways? What about inventory management or tax calculations?
- Customization: Your ideal shopping cart plugin for WordPress should offer flexibility. Look for plugins that support themes and have a variety of extensions. This ensures your store remains adaptive to future needs.
- Cost: Some top plugins for WordPress shopping carts might be free. However, they could have premium features locked behind a paywall. Check for any hidden fees or transaction costs.
- Integration: Consider the integration options the WordPress shopping cart plugin offers. Seamless integration can save time and prevent compatibility issues.
- Security: Seek out plugins that provide robust security measures to ensure the safety of your business. They also protect your customers’ sensitive information.
- Support and updates: Ensure the WordPress shopping cart plugin you choose has regular updates. Also, check if it provides reliable customer support.
10 best WordPress shopping cart plugins
Here’s a list of the top 10 WordPress shopping cart plugins that stand out:
- Ecwid E-commerce Shopping Cart
- WP EasyCart
- WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart
- Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)
- BigCommerce for WordPress
- Jotform Shopping Cart
Going forward, we’ll dive deeper into each plugin, helping you spot the perfect fit for your online store.
WooCommerce sets the standard among WordPress shopping cart plugins. It’s flexible and cost-effective. Since it originated from WordPress, integration is seamless. For these reasons, many online retailers choose WooCommerce as their top choice.
- Open-source nature allows for unparalleled customization to meet diverse store requirements.
- Offers an extensive range of extensions from payment solutions to tailored shipping options.
- Taps into WordPress’s powerful blogging capabilities to draw organic traffic.
- Equipped with sophisticated tools to streamline stock management and order tracking.
- Simplifies the process of adding new products, ensuring a hassle-free user experience.
The WooCommerce WordPress shopping cart plugin is free. However, there might be costs associated with some extensions, themes, or hosting. Interested in getting a comprehensive overview of potential expenses? Check out Omnisend’s breakdown of WooCommerce pricing.
Pro Tip: Want to learn more about WooCommerce’s product addition process? Consider exploring Omnisend’s guide on how to add products to WooCommerce. It’s a useful resource that guides ecommerce brands on how to set things up quickly and correctly.
Omnisend is a robust ecommerce solution, with a comprehensive email and SMS marketing WooCommerce plugin.
Omnisend has earned the trust of 100,000+ global ecommerce store owners, offering powerful functionality that enhances marketing and boosts conversions.
Pro Tip: Need step-by-step instructions for linking Ominsend to your WordPress store? Check out easy-to-follow Omnisend for WordPress integration guide.
Ecwid E-commerce Shopping Cart stands among the top WordPress shopping cart plugins. It’s powerful, easy-to-use, and Gutenberg-friendly. Additionally, it boasts a user base of over 1 million sellers spread across 175 countries.
- Ecwid seamlessly connects with platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and marketplaces like Amazon.
- Its design ensures a consistent shopping experience, irrespective of the device used.
- Real-time inventory management tools prevent overselling by maintaining accurate stock levels.
- The checkout process is smooth and also fortified with robust security measures.
- With support for multiple languages and currencies, Ecwid appeals to a global audience.
Ecwid offers a basic version at no cost. However, to harness its full potential, you might have to consider the premium plans:
- Venture: $19 per month
- Business: $39 per month
- Unlimited: $99 per month
WP EasyCart is a hard-to-overlook WordPress shopping cart plugin. It streamlines the process of setting up an online store on WordPress, making it a preferred WordPress shopping cart plugin for beginners. It’s also ideal for those who want minimal fuss with maximum results.
- WP EasyCart offers quick installation, letting users set up their online store quickly.
- The integration of global tax systems and shipping rates facilitates international business operations.
- Advanced users have the option to tweak and customize with CSS and HTML.
- Multiple payment gateways ensure that businesses can offer flexible payment solutions.
- A variety of built-in marketing tools, like promotions and coupons, help drive sales.
WP EasyCart has a free version, providing essential features suitable for small businesses. Those looking for advanced functionalities can explore these premium plans:
- PRO Edition: $69 per year
- Premium Edition: $89 per year
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart is a straightforward option for ecommerce store owners. It’s ideal for users who seek a reliable tool for PayPal payments without any complexity.
- Enables quick PayPal integration, making the initial setup a breeze for users.
- As a lightweight plugin, it ensures website performance remains optimal and responsive.
- A dynamic cart view allows customers to review their selected items before purchase.
- Transactions are kept secure, enhancing the trust factor for both sellers and buyers.
- The convenient “Add to Cart” button simplifies the shopping process for customers.
The WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart is available completely for free. This makes businesses seamlessly integrate essential PayPal functionalities without any added financial burden. This is particularly beneficial for startups or small enterprises.
Easy Digital Downloads is tailored exclusively for businesses selling digital products. By eliminating the challenges of physical product sales, it stakes a claim as the definitive WordPress shopping cart plugin for those focused on digital goods.
- Easy Digital Downloads is exclusively designed for the sale of digital products.
- Sellers can set access controls on downloads, such as limits or expiration dates.
- An expansive library of extensions, both free and premium, enhances store functionalities.
- Integration with leading payment gateways, including PayPal and Stripe.
- In-depth data reporting tools provide insights into sales, earnings, and commissions.
There’s a core version available for free, and the following premium plans:
- Personal: $199 per year
- Extended: $399 per year
- Professional: $599 per year
- All Access Pass: $999 per year
BigCommerce for WordPress isn’t just another WordPress shopping cart plugin. It combines the robust ecommerce capabilities of BigCommerce with WordPress’s flexibility. This creates a hybrid solution perfect for businesses with growth in mind.
- Provides a centralized dashboard, simplifying sales and product management across multiple WordPress sites.
- Ensures peak performance, even during traffic surges, keeping the shopping experience smooth.
- Provides a customizable checkout experience featuring multiple payment gateways.
- Built-in SEO tools amplify organic reach, positioning products prominently in search results.
- Handling vast product catalogs is a breeze, thanks to advanced product option configurations.
BigCommerce offers a basic package and premium plans:
- Standard: $39 per month
- Plus: $105 per month
- Pro: $399 per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
More WordPress shopping cart plugins
There are numerous shopping cart plugins for WordPress available. Beyond the plugins we’ve detailed, there’s a range of other options to help you reach your ecommerce goals.
Here are a few additional easy-to-use WordPress shopping cart plugins you could consider:
- Smooth pre-launch to sales transition.
- Robust ecommerce integrations for seamless shopping.
- Conversion-optimized templates for maximized sales.
- Easy customization to match your brand.
SeedProd’s pricing varies based on features. The premium versions start at $79/year and go up to $599/year.
- Simplified WooCommerce checkout process.
- High-converting sales funnel creation.
- Streamlined buyer’s journey optimization.
- Sales potential boost through enhanced user experience.
CartFlows offers a free version, however, advanced features require a premium plan which begins at $129/year and reaches $449/year.
- User-friendly platform for creators.
- Versatile sales options for digital, subscription, and physical products.
- Customizable online store to match brand identity.
- Scalable pricing and subscription models.
Pricing is based on a subscription model, scaled based on business size and needs. It starts at $29/month and goes up to $159/month.
- Seamless integration of forms and ecommerce.
- User-friendly form creation for product listings.
- Flexible pricing tiers to accommodate various business sizes.
- Customizable forms and shopping cart options.
The tool offers a basic free package. However, pricing for advanced functionalities starts from $39 per month and goes up to $129/month.
How to create a shopping cart in WordPress
Creating a shopping cart in WordPress might seem like a daunting task initially. However, with plugins like WooCommerce, the process becomes straightforward.
Are you aiming to set up your WordPress online store right away? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it using the WooCommerce plugin:
- Plugin installation: Navigate to your WordPress dashboard. Go to Plugins > Add New, and search for ‘WooCommerce’. Install and activate the WooCommerce plugin.
- Setup wizard: Upon activation, WooCommerce will launch a setup wizard. This wizard handles basics like store details, currency preferences, and payment methods.
- Add products: Once set up, navigate to Products > Add New to begin listing products in your store. Fill in the product name, details, price, and relevant images.
- Choose a theme: Customize your store’s appearance. WooCommerce is compatible with many themes. This allows you to design your storefront as you see fit.
- Extensions and add-ons: Elevate your store’s capabilities with add-ons. Visit the Extensions tab in the WooCommerce dashboard. There you can explore a range of additional features, from memberships to subscriptions.
- Test your cart: Before going live, ensure your WordPress shopping cart functions seamlessly. Check product additions, deletions, and the checkout process.
By following these steps, creating a shopping cart in WordPress becomes easy. With WooCommerce, you’re not just setting up a shop. You’re setting the stage for potential business growth and success.
We’ve explored the top shopping cart plugins for WordPress. WooCommerce is hugely popular and excels with its comprehensive features and user-friendliness. But the options don’t end there.
Easy Digital Downloads and BigCommerce for WordPress offer tailored solutions. There’s also WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart.
However, a complete ecommerce strategy goes beyond setup. Effective customer engagement is crucial too. And platforms like Omnisend integrate email and SMS for better customer interaction and increased sales.
In summary, choose a WordPress shopping cart plugin that aligns with your goals and provides the tools for a dynamic online store. This is the first step in building a successful ecommerce brand.
No fluff, no spam, no corporate filler. Just a friendly letter, twice a month.