Drive sales on autopilot with ecommerce-focused featuresSee Features
Looking for the best ChatGPT prompts for your email marketing campaigns? You’re in the right place.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Improve your email marketing with ChatGPT
- Boost your open rates with autogenerated subject lines
- Generate fresh marketing ideas to keep your campaigns engaging
- Optimize your prompts to better connect with your audience
- Fine-tune your messaging with ChatGPT-generated examples
Ready to harness the power of ChatGPT and take your email marketing to the next level? Great, let’s get started.
Why you should use ChatGPT for email marketing
Online merchants and marketers are always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to reach their audiences. Enter ChatGPT: The latest and hottest AI language model that can help you save tons of time and make your emails shine, especially in terms of content.
Best part? It’s absolutely free (so far).
You can use it to:
- Boost open rates. With ChatGPT, you can generate subject lines that are more likely to be opened by your subscribers. For example, you can ask it to analyze past email campaigns to understand what works and what doesn’t. This can help you create subject lines and preheaders that are optimized for your audience.
- Create emails faster. ChatGPT can help you write emails faster by generating content and even entire emails for you. With the right prompts, you can quickly create personalized messages that are tailored to your audience. This can save you hours of time that you would’ve spent writing your emails from scratch.
- Generate fresh marketing ideas. One of the biggest benefits of using ChatGPT is its ability to generate new ideas for your email marketing campaigns. By using it to help you brainstorm, you can come up with creative and innovative email content that your subscribers will love.
- Optimize your copy. ChatGPT can also help you fine-tune your email copy by giving you feedback on the tone, style, and language you use in your emails. This can improve the effectiveness of your email campaigns and increase engagement with your audience.
- A/B test your emails. ChatGPT can generate multiple versions of the same email, which is perfect for A/B testing.
To take advantage of all these benefits, though, you’ll need to feed ChatGPT with prompts that are optimized for email marketing. But first, let’s start with the basics.
Best ChatGPT email marketing prompts
If you’re in a hurry, here are some basic prompts that you can grab right away and paste into the ChatGPT text box for some quick and easy results.
Keep in mind, however, that the output you get from these prompts will require at least some (probably a lot of) proofreading and polishing. So, make sure to read the rest of this guide so that you can optimize your prompts for the best results.
1. ChatGPT prompts for email subject line generation
- Generate 15 intriguing subject lines for a promotional email campaign about [your product or service]
- Write 15 catchy seasonal subject lines for [holiday]. Include one or two emojis
- Generate 15 post-purchase email subject lines for [your brand]
- What are the best subject lines to boost open rates?
- What are the best practices for writing catchy subject lines?
Want to check if your ChatGPT-generated subject lines are actually click-worthy? Use our free subject line tester to find out instantly!
2. ChatGPT prompts for email content generation
- Write the body copy for a promotional email campaign with the following subject line: [Your subject line]. Don’t exceed [X words]
- Write a follow-up email for [my brand] with the subject line: [Your subject line].
- Write an outline for a monthly newsletter from [my brand] to [my most-engaged subscribers]. The outline should have 3 parts: an intro, a main point, and a conclusion with a call to action.
- What are the best practices for writing engaging copy for marketing emails?
- What topics should I write about in my next weekly newsletter? My target audience is [males aged 18-25 who are interested in streetwear and live in LA].
3. ChatGPT prompts for email marketing content optimization
- Take the email below and improve its structure and tone. Make it more friendly, down-to-earth, catchy, and intriguing [feel free to change the tone to match your brand]. Don’t exceed [X words]: [paste your email copy below]
- Here’s an email from an ecommerce brand: [paste your example email]. Using the email template, create a new email and optimize it for high conversions. My brand values [sustainability] and we use [ethically-sourced materials].
- Rewrite the email below for higher conversions and explain the reasons why you changed it.
- Take the email below. Which parts of this email should I A/B test for maximum conversion rates?
- Take the email below and write 5 variations of it for A/B testing
4. ChatGPT prompts for growing your email list
- What are the best ways to sustainably grow my email list?
- How can I keep my email list healthy?
- What are the most important mistakes to avoid when building an email list?
- What are the best practices for managing an email list for an ecommerce business?
- How do I decrease the number of unsubscribes from my email list?
How to write an email using ChatGPT?
While ChatGPT can generate great copy, remember: It’s not human, and it can’t read your mind. Sure, you can give it a simple command like ‘write a promotional email’, and it will do so. But without any additional information, you’ll get only the most generic of outputs.
The more context you give ChatGPT, the better outputs it will give back. As a result, you should ‘prep’ it with additional information, such as your industry and your product, as well as your brand’s values and tone.
So, instead of simply asking it to write an email, provide it with answers to these questions:
- What is your business about?
- What are you selling?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is the tone and voice of your brand?
- What is the goal of your email?
Here’s an example of an optimized prompt that will skyrocket the quality of ChatGPT’s output (feel free to steal it):
I have an ecommerce store. My brand is [very friendly and energetic]. My target audience is [males aged 18-25 who are interested in streetwear and live in LA]. I want to promote [new sneakers SNEAKERS1 and SNEAKERS2]. I want to give my customers a [20% discount that expires on March 28]. Generate a promotional email campaign about [my spring sneaker sale]. Don’t exceed [75 words].
Using ChatGPT for email marketing: Things to keep in mind
ChatGPT is an amazing tool that can help you save tons of time and increase your ecommerce sales. Still, there are some things that you should always keep in mind when you use it:
- Understand ChatGPT’s limitations. With all of its power and ability to generate high-quality text, ChatGPT is not perfect. It can sometimes produce nonsensical or irrelevant responses, so be sure to review the generated text before using it in your emails.
- Keep your emails on-brand. Make sure that the text generated by ChatGPT aligns with your brand’s voice and tone. If you’re not sure, review the generated text with your brand guidelines in mind before using it in your emails.
- Personalize. ChatGPT can be a great tool for personalizing emails, but it’s important to ensure that it’s doing so in a way that is respectful and not overly invasive. Make sure you’re only using data that your customers have explicitly provided you with and that you’re using it in a way that enhances their experience.
- Experiment. Make sure to keep customizing and refining your prompts according to your specific needs and goals. The prompts you found in this guide can be powerful, but they’re not one-size-fits-all. So, remember to tweak them and see what works best for you.
- Train your AI. ChatGPT needs to be trained on your specific brand voice, messaging, and target audience to produce accurate and relevant content. This training process may require more time and resources, but the results can be well worth it.