Drive sales on autopilot with ecommerce-focused featuresSee Features
As the ecommerce industry continues to grow exponentially, so does the number of ecommerce tools, plugins, and platforms. This presents ecommerce businesses with a wealth of time-saving and revenue-driving aids to choose from.
However, having so many choices can be overwhelming. While plenty of articles present the best tools for email marketing, Shopify apps, etc, very few cover vital tools for all areas of ecommerce.
In this article, we’ll assess some of the most important tools to have in your ecommerce arsenal. We’ll narrow your choices down to efficient, effective, and important tools.
These ecommerce tools are grouped into four broad categories:
- Ecommerce store platforms
- Marketing tools
- Process & website optimization tools
- Analytics & reporting tools
So what are some of the best tools for ecommerce stores that serious retailers need to grow their business? Let’s find out.
Ecommerce store platforms
Depending on your business needs, here are six of the best ecommerce tools that can help build and host your ecommerce store.
For most retailers, your online store platform is where it all begins; and for sheer out-of-the-box functionality and ease of use, it’s hard to beat Shopify. This ecommerce tool lets you create your website and gain access to shopping cart software and a host of other features.
It’s a complete solution for all things ecommerce, from its online store builder to its many seamless integrations with advanced ecommerce marketing tools.
Shopify doesn’t require technical expertise to set up, and it offers a variety of templates to help get you started. It’s also incredibly scalable – there are apps and plugins to cover just about every conceivable need.
Shopify store, with the help of a developer, can be customized with unique design solutions. A good example is the cute phones cases brand Burga.
- Has a Shopify app store with over 1,200 applications
- Provides multichannel integrations
- Supports multiple payment gateways and multiple currencies
- Offers tools to control shipping experience
- Supports dropshipping
- Offers product and inventory management tools
- It’s ideal for scaling both small and large ecommerce businesses
- Numerous applications and third-party plugins boost its functionality
- Has flexible themes and functional designs, both paid and free
- Extensive options for payment gateways
- Fewer built-in features hence over-reliant on third-party applications
- Fairly straightforward
Their primary plans include:
- Basic: $24/month
- Shopify: $69/month
- Advanced: $299/month
Other alternative pricing plans include:
- Starter: $5/month (lets you sell products through social and messaging apps)
- ShopifyPlus: Custom, starting at $2,000/month (built for high-volume businesses)
Unlike Shopify, WooCommerce isn’t a standalone platform, but a WordPress ecommerce plugin. It’s one of the best and most popular tools for ecommerce available in the market.
So if you already have a WordPress website and are comfortable using it, you can add ecommerce compatibility by downloading the WooCommerce plugin.
You’ll be able to sell products, offer subscriptions, and perform any other ecommerce-related tasks with WooCommerce’s endless extensions and integrations, making this a perfect way to monetize your existing website.
Besides, it’s an easy-to-use customizable ecommerce tool, which makes it efficient for large to medium-sized businesses. Also, since it’s open-source software, you can easily tailor your online store to your users’ needs.
- Has multiple third-party integration capabilities
- Supports help desk customer service functions
- Automates tax support for easy tax reporting
- Supports multiple languages and currencies
- Customizable themes and display designs
- It’s cost-effective if you already have a WordPress site
- You get numerous possible themes and layouts
- Open source nature makes it more customizable
- It offers unlimited scalability
- It’s exclusive to WordPress users
- Customer service is limited to help desk options
- Easy to use
- WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin. You’ll only incur costs related to builidng a WordPress website if you don’t have one already, for example, hosting.
BigCommerce is, like Shopify, another full-service ecommerce platform that comes loaded with features. These include a highly customizable website, SEO & analytics optimization, payment, inventory management, and much, much more.
BigCommerce is a big player in the ecommerce industry with years of experience to draw upon. It comes with a website builder and easy-to-follow tutorials for both beginners and tech-savvy developers, that let you create your website designs.
So if you’re looking for top-notch security, lightning loading speeds, and 24/7 customer service, this is definitely a good option.
This ecommerce tool offers great customer support resources on its site, including tutorials and other knowledge resources. You can also reach the team by email, phone, or live chat if you need more help.
- Multichannel selling for sites like Amazon, Facebook, and eBay
- Customizable layouts and designs
- WordPress integration
- A customizable checkout tool
- Effective page builder and visual editors
- Site mobile optimization for on-the-go shoppers
- BigCommerce has numerous customer support options
- It offers lots of visually appealing themes and customizable designs
- It’s a flexible and scalable ecommerce tool
- Few free themes to choose from as most are paid themes
- Easy to use
Wix is more than just a website builder. Just like Shopify and BigCommerce, it’s an all-in-one ecommerce tool that lets you build your online store, sell products, build a blog and grow your business.
Wix is cheaper than most other tools and is beginner-friendly. Its drag-and-drop website builder interface makes it easy for small business owners to design functional ecommerce stores themselves, without any coding experience.
This tool comes with over 800 customizable templates that enable you to tailor your online store to your specific needs. It also enables retailers to advance their website’s functionality by integrating with other third-party tools and marketing apps.
A Wix website is secure as it comes with a free SSL certificate. It’s also PCI compliant making sure that all your customers’ transactions are safe and secure.
- Omnichannel marketing support with multiple social media integrations
- Customizable themes for unique webpages
- Website design tools
- Blogging tools to boost content marketing campaigns
- Email marketing suite
- Over 800 website design templates to choose from
- Easy to use drag-and-drop website building tools
- A free domain name for the first year with the annual plan
- A user-friendly mobile application
- You’ll need third-party applications for more advanced functions
- Beginner friendly
- Connect Domain: $4.50/month
- Combo: $8.50/month
- Unlimited: $12.50/month
- VIP: $24.50/month
Business and ecommerce plans
- Business Basic: $17/month
- Business Unlimited: $25/month
- Business VIP: $35/month
5. Adobe Commerce
Formerly called Magento Commerce, Adobe Commerce is an open source ecommerce tool that’s part of the more extensive Adobe Cloud suite.
One upside to this tool is its ability to integrate with other Adobe tools, such as Adobe Marketing, Adobe Analytics, and Adobe Advertising. This is especially advantageous if you already use Adobe products.
This platform however requires technical knowledge to build and maintain. You’ll need a developer and an IT team as the setup requires a lot of work. This also means that the cost of setting up and maintaining this ecommerce tool can get expensive.
So if need heavy customization and already use Adobe products, this is the right tool for you. Otherwise, it’s not very beginner-friendly and may not be the tool for you if you’re a small business owner.
- A customizable web page builder
- Detailed management and analytics tools
- Customer personalization and segmentation capabilities
- B2B wholesale and B2C retail modules
- Catalog and order management tools
- Data reporting and insights
- Numerous store integrations with Adobe Experience Cloud suite and other popular ecommerce tools
- It’s highly customizable being an open source software
- You can run both B2B and B2C ecommerce businesses on this platform
- It enables you to scale
- You can seamlessly sync Adobe marketing and analytics tools to your online store
- You need a developer for the setup and maintenance
- Requires technical knowledge
Shift4Shop, formerly 3DCart, is an all-in-one ecommerce platform with many useful features for businesses. It has a drag-and-drop interface you can easily use to build your online store.
With its social media integration capabilities, inventory management tools, email tools, and SSL certificate, your platform will be fully functional. It also comes with a GDPR toolkit for businesses that sell products to Europe.
Just like Shopify, if you use Shift4Shop’s credit card processor, your transactions will be free. You can either host your entire ecommerce website on Ship4Shop or add it to an existing website.
Shift4Shop comes with a pre-built customer relationship management system, unlike most other ecommerce platforms. So, you won’t need a third-party integration to track your customer interactions.
- Integration with Google Accelerated Mobile Pages for mobile optimization
- Responsive themes and designs
- Option to edit store language
- Drag-and-drop website builder
- Mobile-responsive page designs
- Easy to use page builder
- A built-in CRM system
- Minimal personalization options
- Only the high-end plans have the ability to auto-ship.
- Easy to use
- Free plan
- Standard: $29-$299/month
- Enterprise plan: Starting at $2,000/month
Now it’s time to get to marketing tools. Ideally, you want automated marketing campaign features, audience segmentation, easy content creation, omnichannel options, detailed analytics, and an affordable price.
Sounds like a lot? You deserve the best, so consider some of these options.
7. Omnisend for marketing automation
Omnisend excels in omnichannel marketing – which means that you can seamlessly connect several channels into the same automated workflow.
Rather than performing email, social, and SMS marketing separately, you can save a lot of time doing it all in one place. However, this omnichannel focus does not mean that individual channels are any less powerful.
Omnisend has an extremely powerful email marketing automation featuring:
- An easy-to-use editor
- Loads of ecommerce-specific pre-built templates
- Email capture options like landing pages, pop-ups, and lead generation forms
You can use all these to build your own email list.
However, what really makes Omnisend stand out is its sophisticated, but easily applicable automation. With its welcome series, cart abandonment workflows, birthday series, and special offer emails, Omnisend makes setting up and sending campaigns a breeze.
- Has both SMS and email marketing capabilities
- Reporting and analytics
- Lead tracking and management
- Automated workflows
- Customizable email templates
- Push notifications
- Easy integration with over 30 ecommerce applications
- Has pre-built automation for all your marketing campaign needs
- Easily integrates with ecommerce tools like Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Adobe Commerce
- Excellent customer support
- Free plan with automated email marketing capabilities
- Best-suited for email and SMS marketing and not other types of marketing
- Easy to use
- Free: $0/month
- Standard: $16/month
- Pro: $59/month
|Omnisend’s marketing automation tools can help boost traffic and conversions for your ecommerce store.|
START FREE TODAY
8. Ahrefs for SEO and website health
Ahrefs is a fantastic competitor research and SEO tool, boasting a bigger backlink index than any other tool. With Ahrefs, you can spy on your competitor’s SEO strategies, their backlinks, keywords, and more.
This is invaluable data for understanding successful ecommerce strategies. While it may lack more in-depth content analysis and link auditing, Ahrefs is a perfect all-rounder for optimizing your website for search.
From your blog content to your product descriptions, Ahrefs has tools that will help you optimize your ecommerce store to boost organic website traffic.
This tool will help you create brand awareness, and attract, engage, and retain customers using content on your site.
- Detailed keyword research tool
- Link building and domain rating
- Rank tracker and historical SERP checker
- Site explorer with charts and graphical reports
- Website audit tool
- Competitor analysis
- WordPress SEO plugin
- Google Data Studio integration capabilities
- Has content planning capabilities
- You’ll get weekly updates on recent ranking keywords
- Access to a large backlink database
- Detailed analytics and data visualization tool
- No free trial
- Mainly an SEO tool, not an all-in-one marketing tool
- Requires some technical knowledge
- Lite: $99 per month
- Standard: $199 per month
- Advanced: $399 per month
- Enterprise: $999 per month
9. Buffer for social media automation
Buffer allows you to schedule posts and easily manage all social accounts from a single dashboard. You can also create attractive visuals with your posts, easily assign tasks to team members, and integrate with other social apps including Zapier, Feedly, Pocket, and more.
Buffer has a clean and intuitive interface that makes content creation and sharing a breeze, with real-time analytics to keep a close eye on the performance of your posts.
It’s best suited for businesses with smaller social media teams. Its starting packages are cost-effective. The free plan offers ten scheduled posts per week for up to three social channels.
- Social media analytics
- Campaign planning and optimization
- Content creation
- Social listening
- Social media publishing
- Content calendar
- Content library
- Extremely easy to use
- Free plan and 14-day free trial on paid plans
- Both social media scheduling and publishing capabilities
- Mobile application available
- Limited customer support channels
- Price can be high if you want to connect multiple channels
- Easy to use
- Free: $0/ three channels
- Essentials: $5 per month per channel
- Team: $10 per month per channel
- Agency: $100 per month for 10 channels
10. ReferralCandy for referral and affiliate marketing
ReferralCandy offers a complete referral program for your business. You’ll be able to increase your revenue and conversion rates by rewarding your customers for referrals.
With ReferralCandy, you can choose from a range of rewards and incentives. For example, coupons, unique gifts, and cash rewards, which are paid out automatically when a referral is made.
ReferralCandy is easy to use and doesn’t require any special technical knowledge. It’s an automated tool that lets you quickly gain new customers and keep the existing ones via the power of word-of-mouth and customer loyalty.
As this reward system is likely to attract fraudulent activities as well, ReferralCandy comes with an anti-fraud tool to help you retain your ROI. This tool easily syncs with multiple ecommerce tools like Shopify.
- Automated referral invitation links
- Customizable reward systems
- Fraud detection tool
- Customer support
- Pay per performance
- 30-day free trial available
- Cost-effective tool with great features
- Multiple smooth integrations
- Website customer support limited to live chat
- Some functions need technical knowledge
- Premium: $47/month billed annually
- Plus: $239/month billed annually
- Enterprise: Custom
11. DataFeedWatch for product feed management – PPC campaigns
DataFeedWatch by Cart.com is a single tool that allows advertising your products in one, a few, a hundred, or even two thousand+ shopping channels and platforms at the same time. The product feed required for PPC campaigns is adjusted and optimized to every channel automatically. What’s interesting you can use the tool on different levels – as a novice and as an expert. The tool is most popular in the USA, UK, and Scandinavia although operates in over 60 countries at the moment.
Since 2023 the tool has had very helpful functionality – you can check who else is selling your product and for what price. Based on that some smart algorithms will suggest an optimal price for your product.
The tool is used by online stores, merchants, brands, marketing agencies as well as enterprises to stimulate growth in new channels and territories.
- Using the tool on a novice level is easy and possible for practically everyone. Expert level is also available and used by professionals.
- Helps you improve your PPC results – grow conversions, ROAS, ad relevancy, etc.
- Saves you/your team a lot of time thanks to the automation and centralization of all your shops, channels, and feeds in one place
- Customer support is fast and helpful. User reviews show that DataFeedWatch wins with its competitors in that respect as well
- You need some time to learn all features of the tool to effectively use them
- The competition price monitoring tool is paid extra
- There is no free plan only a free trial
There are 4 plans available with monthly renewal and monthly payments:
- Shop: $59
- Merchant: $79
- Agency: $199
- Enterprise: Custom
Free trial: 15 days
Process & website optimization
So you’ve chosen your platform and your website is up and running, now it’s time to optimize it to suit your precise business needs.
There are several aspects to consider here. Here are some tools for ecommerce website optimization.
12. ShipStation for shipping
ShipStation makes order fulfillment a seamless and accurate process, integrating with all the major ecommerce platforms and marketplaces to become the ideal shipping solution for businesses of all sizes.
ShipStation’s major benefit is its time-saving automation features. It imports all the orders from your ecommerce website and sorts them by priority. You can set different rules for specific orders, with all the necessary information pre-filled.
So all you need to do is print the shipping label instead of dealing with each one manually. As far as shipping goes, it doesn’t get much easier than that!
- Integration with key ecommerce platforms
- Inventory management tool
- Post-purchase branded shipping
- Simplified shipping workflows
- Order management
- Wide range of plans for all business sizes
- Provides a shipping calculator tool
- Offers discounted shipping rates through partners such as FedEx and DHL
- Interface can be more user-friendly
- Beginner/ Intermediate/Advanced
- Starter: $9.99/month – 1 user, 50 monthly shipments
- Bronze: $29.99/month- 1 user, 500 monthly shipments
- Silver: $59.99/month- 2 users, 1,000 monthly shipments
- Gold: $99.99/month- 3 users, 2,000 monthly shipments
- Platinum: $149.99/month- 5 users, 5,000 monthly shipments
- Enterprise: $229.99/month- 10 users, 7,500 monthly shipments
13. CartHook for checkout
CartHook is a great tool for addressing one of the great problems that all retailers face—the dreaded shopping cart abandonment. With an average cart abandonment rate of around 70%, recapturing at least some of them with an effective abandoned cart strategy can really boost your revenue.
CartHook automatically captures an email address and the contents of the abandoned cart when website users have gone through the first checkout stage. If the purchase wasn’t finalized within an hour, an automatic abandoned cart email series is triggered, with up to 3 emails included.
With average recovery rates hovering around 20%, you’re looking at an average of 9% increase in revenue with CartHook—excellent numbers for a single tool.
- Full integration with Shopify checkout funnel
- Data analytics and insights
- Customizable designs for your specific brand
- Live chat support
- A/B testing for upsell optimization
- Post-purchase revenue analysis
- 14-day free trial
- No developer needed to set up tool
- It’s an easy-to-use tool
- Presents good upsell opportunities
- Niche solution for a specific use-case
- Easy to use
- Growth Plan: $50/month
- Scale Plan: $250/month
- Enterprise Plan: Custom price
14. Gorgias for customer service
Gorgias is an incredibly useful app for delivering outstanding customer service, a vital aspect of ecommerce that all retailers should aspire to.
Unfortunately, as we all know, there are only so many hours in a day so customer service is often (mistakenly) shunted down the priority list.
Gorgias aims to save you valuable time by automatically answering basic customer questions—no more repetitive manual responses! It allows you to manage all your communications from a single dashboard, giving you the option to automate the customer interactions of your choice.
Gorgias also measures the impact your customer service has on your revenue and productivity, so you know exactly how well you’re doing.
- Social media listening
- Ticket management
- Statistics and analysis
- Shopify/BigCommerce/Adobe Commerce integration
- Centralized social media interactions
- It’s best suited for businesses of all sizes
- Offers many integration options
- Excellent customer support
- Only advanced plans have access to revenue statistics
- Easy to use
- Starter: $10/month
- Basic: $60/month
- Pro: $360/month
- Advanced: $900/month
- Enterprise: Custom
- Automation add-on: $300/month
15. Nosto for personalization and product recommendation
Nosto is best known for personalized product recommendations, but it has expanded to include content personalization, email product recommendations, pop-ups, and customer insights.
Nosto automatically predicts and delivers highly relevant shopping experiences in real-time to every individual customer, increasing customer engagement and therefore maximizing revenue.
Personalization is a big trend in ecommerce right now, with customers coming to expect tailor-made online shopping experiences. Therefore, this is definitely something to look at for your business.
Nosto claims to boost conversions for its clients, so that’s an added benefit.
- Audience segmentation and insights
- Category merchandizing
- Interactive dashboard with reports and analytics
- A/B testing
- Email personalization
- Pop-ups and reminders
- Product recommendations
- Content personalization
- Helps deliver personalized shopping experience to customers
- It offers A/B testing capabilities
- Has an easy-to-use interface
- Has great reporting and analytics tool
- Better reporting tools from competitors
- Easy to use
Starting at €99 per month
16. Optimizely for optimization and A/B testing
Optimizely is the best experimentation platform on the market for testing the impact of changes on your ecommerce website. For example, you might want to know how people would react to a logo change or a different font on your landing page.
Its features are mainly centered around A/B testing. It claims to be the world’s most powerful solution for A/B and multi-page front-end experimentation.
However, you can also enjoy visual editing, multivariate testing, behavioral targeting, and much more, along with full integration into major analytics tools like Google Analytics. In short: if you need testing, Optimizely will have you covered.
- Content management
- Easy collaboration and commenting
- Streamlined workflows
- Inventory management
- Order management
- Integrated calendar for time tracking
- Multivariate A/B testing
- Personalization of content
- Multilingual sites
- Provides a large community and resources to help you make the most of the tool
- Pricing is tailored to your business needs
- The tool has strong editing capabilities
- Using the test features requires heavy IT skills
- Requires technical skills
17. Yotpo for generating reviews
Yotpo reviews help you build social proof and trust in your site and products by making it easy for customers to leave reviews.
With 77% of consumers reading online reviews before making a purchase, outsourcing your marketing campaigns to your satisfied customers makes a lot of sense!
Yotpo is a platform that specifically addresses the need for user-generated content, helping marketers to find, curate, manage, and respond to all kinds of customer-created content related to your brand.
With easy integrations to popular platforms like Facebook, Google, and Shopify, you’ll be collecting positive reviews in no time. Yotpo’s intuitive algorithm precisely identifies which products to request reviews for, at exactly the right time.
- Effective moderation tools
- Support for multiple languages
- Powerful reporting and analytics tool
- Coupon and loyalty programs
- Product recommendations
- Cloud-based platform
- Supports popular ecommerce platforms
- Integrates with most ecommerce websites
- Has a powerful analytics tool
- Its user interface is easy to navigate
- Has a free plan
- There is no way to control how reviews appear on social media
- Slight learning curve
- Growth: $19/month
- Prime: $59/month
- Powerhouse: $199/month
- Enterprise: Custom
18. Veeqo for inventory management
Veeqo centralizes the management of your inventory, orders, and shipping across all channels, bringing everything together in one convenient dashboard.
Everything inventory-related is at your fingertips, including purchasing from suppliers, shipping & tracking orders from any channel, managing warehouse operations, and reporting on the entire process with detailed analytics and reporting features.
You can easily buy from your suppliers, generate shipping labels for orders, and integrate with major accounting platforms like Xero and QuickBooks so you can keep a close eye on your numbers.
- Inventory automation for repetitive tasks
- Inventory reports and insights
- Warehouse management tools
- Inventory movement management
- Product management tools
- Barcode scanning capabilities
- Purchasing tools
- Supports shipping
- Has a friendly user interface
- Offers multiple functions under a single platform
- Multiple customer support options
- Integrates with popular shipping platforms
- Lacks a sales processing function
- Easy to use
Analytics & reporting tools
Congratulations! Everything is in place and running smoothly, your ecommerce store is fully optimized and your marketing efforts are paying off. Or are they?
In order to fully maximize the potential of your store, you need to know exactly what works well and what could use a little improvement. This is where analytics & reporting comes in.
You’ll be able to dive deep down into the data and make your adjustments accordingly. Let’s check out some of the best all-around tools on the market.
19. Google Analytics for site metrics
Google Analytics is a free tool that allows you to track sessions, page views, users, time on page, bounce rates, conversions, and other visitor behavior on your site.
This powerful tool is a must-have for ecommerce retailers, and don’t worry if you feel overwhelmed by all the information you can access. Google will give you free training so you can quickly master the basics.
You’ll be able to set up reports that run in real-time to help you identify problems or opportunities as they arise, and have access to a whole range of free features to help you understand your customers better.
- Data reporting and visualization
- Multichannel funnel analysis
- Shopping and checkout funnel analysis
- Tag management system
- Predictive data analysis
- Multiple integration solutions
- Uses statistics and machine learning to help you make marketing decisions
- Provides you with detailed marketing reports
- Helps you monitor and report your performance
- Better analytics tools
- Easy to use
20. Whatagraph for reporting
Whatagraph automatically creates visually attractive reports that make your data easy to understand and perfectly formatted for making presentations.
Scheduled automatic reports save you time with prompt delivery to your inbox at a time of your choosing, putting your marketing performance in a clear light and allowing you to act upon it when and where it counts.
Whatagraph integrates seamlessly with Google Ads and Analytics, all the major social media platforms, and a range of other ecommerce-specific software. So all your performance data will be accessible in one place.
Their customer service is second-to-none. Consider Whatagraph as a high-end addition to Google Analytics, it is ideal for agencies and marketing teams.
- Has pre-built customizable widgets
- Drag-and-drop customizable templates
- Automated report delivery
- Custom branding and logos
- Cross-channel reporting and data blending
- Pre-made templates, and a smart builder
- It’s an easy-to-use tool even for beginners
- It’s easy to personalize reports on their dashboard
- It integrates with over 40 ecommerce related platforms
- Customer support could be better
- It’s an expensive tool
- Onboarding training required
- Professional: $199 per month billed annually
- Premium: $299 per month billed annually
- Custom: Custom pricing
21. Kissmetrics for customer journey
Kissmetrics is another tool that provides comprehensive data that you can leverage to identify weaknesses and opportunities and maximize the performance of all aspects of your business.
Kissmetrics has a detailed, customized dashboard, giving you instant access to your most vital metrics while allowing you to visualize your checkout funnel with sales funnel reports.
But rather than offering impersonal metrics like bounce rate or time-on-site – the kind offered by Google Analytics – you’ll be able to tie data to a real person and see their full customer journey across devices.
This helps you to make informed business decisions based on actual user behavior, not just numbers. Kissmetrics is all about tracking the defining characteristics of each customer because customers are real people, not website sessions.
- Automated personalized email campaigns
- Automated reports and data analytics
- Behavior-based customer segmentation
- A/B testing for performance optimization
- Data monitoring in real-time
- Improves your customer engagement through personalized email marketing campaigns
- Provides you with instant data reports
- Compares your core metrics and gives automated updates
- Free trial available
- Expensive tool
- Slight learning curve
- Silver: $299/month billed annually
- Gold: $499/month billed annually
- Custom: Custom price billed annually
22. Hotjar for visual insights
Unlike most other reporting tools, Hotjar lets you visualize your website interactions using interactive heatmaps. These heatmaps track your visitor’s clicks, scrolls, and other actions, and records these sessions to give you a data-driven understanding of your audience.
With Hotjar, you can monitor your website performance, make changes, compare site visits and generate reports. With this data, you’ll know which changes in your online store increase site visits and conversions and which do not.
You can also use their pop-over survey tool to create compelling questions for site visitors so they can give you feedback on your website. It’s a comprehensive feedback and visualization tool suitable for all business types.
- Click tracking for all website visits
- Website heatmaps with easy-to-follow visualizations
- Data insights and analytics
- Survey user response tool for feedback collection
- Data segmentation capabilities
- Lead generation and conversion opportunities
- Session replays
- Mouse movement tracking
- Side-by-side analysis and testing
- Ability to record and replay user sessions
- Visualization of reports and analytics using heatmaps
- Great reporting and analytics
- Can be difficult to set up
- Requires technical knowledge
- Basic: $0 forever
- Plus: $32 per month
- Business: $80 per month
- Scale: Custom
23. Supermetrics for moving marketing data
This ecommerce tool collects all your marketing data from various sources and brings it to your preferred reporting and analytics tool, connecting these two platforms seamlessly.
The software was initially developed to facilitate businesses’ access to Google Analytics data, but it has since developed into a reporting solution that integrates with a variety of analytics tools and engines.
Supermetrics lets you bring your metrics from your marketing platform quickly into your data visualization or business intelligence platform for analysis. It supports the planning and execution of online marketing, online analytics, and social media campaigns.
The end result is improved marketing performance based on data-supported decisions, deeper insights into your marketing data, and significant time and cost savings by doing away with manual copying and pasting.
- Data visualization and presentation
- Search engine marketing
- Multiple integrations with analytics tools
- Data mining
- Automating the scheduling of reports
- Social media reporting
- Does not require CVS file importing and manual copy/pasting
- Integrates with a number of marketing platforms including Facebook Ad and LinkedIn Ads
- Helps you reduce your PPC reporting time
- Has automated dashboards to help you monitor your performance
- Not beginner friendly
- No scalability
- Slight learning curve involved
- Varies by platform
24. Zoho Analytics for in-depth data analysis
Zoho Analytics is one among many business intelligence tools in the Zoho suite that you can integrate into your ecommerce platform.
With the help of this self-service data analytics tool, you can analyze your data, produce spectacular data visualizations, and unearth untapped knowledge and insight in a matter of minutes.
For in-depth reporting and analysis, Zoho Analytics enables you to import data from a variety of sources. These include local files, web links, Google Drive, cloud databases, well-known business applications, etc.
This tool also offers a range of reporting options including charts and tables, to help you visualize your marketing information and track your performance. You can create reports with so much ease, thanks to Zoho Analytics’ drag-and-drop interface.
- Intuitive data visualization tools
- Scheduling option for publishing reports for publishing
- Drag and drop user interface making report generation quick and easy
- Built-in smart analytical assistant, Zia
- iOS mobile application for viewing reports on the go
- Easily embeds into other platforms, e.g you can integrate Zoho Analytics to more than one Shopify ecommerce store
- Allows for scalability as the business grows
- You can share reports with team and foster collaboration
- Perform in-depth analysis using powerful pre-built formulas
- Slight learning curve for beginners
- Numerous feature which can make the UI confusing
- Onboarding training needed
- Intermediate to advanced
- Basic: $22/month billed annually
- Standard: $45/month billed annually
- Premium: $112/month billed annually
- Enterprise: $445/month billed annually
This list, while seemingly pretty comprehensive, barely scratches the surface of the number of tools that you can choose from.
However, we believe that those presented here are effective, efficient, easy to use, and great value for money. You can consider them an essential addition to your ecommerce toolbox, no matter what kind of business you have.
Did we miss any? Feel free to drop us a line and tell us all about your best ecommerce tools!
Omnisend has everything you need to succeed.Start free now No Credit Card needed.